Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I got to play on Monday!

My Monday's are sacred since its my only day off. Usually its reserved for sleeping in, doing laundy, napping and being a general couch potato. But this last monday I went to one of the post CHA vendor fairs to sample some new products. Here's a glimpse of the projects and lines coming in.



"Hello Sunshine" Mini Book
Rouge De Garance papers, stickers and rub-ons (shipping now)
Cosmo Cricket Chipboard album



"Thankful" Matchbook Album
Melissa Frances Thankful line
Melissa Frances has, as she put it, "kicked stage 3 breast cancer in the butt." She designed this beautiful line as a result. The line also has a healthy dose of humor like, "these are fake because the real ones tried to kill me!" A portion of the sales support http://www.breastcancer.org/.
Our shipment will arrive mid september, and be on the lookout for the "altered bra" contest in October!

Glimmer Mist chipboard album.
The more I play with Glimmer Mist, the more I love it. I guess it's because it makes it really easy for me to achieve an "altered art" look, without having much talent for it. So I orded the fall and winter limited edition colors, plus a few of the regular colors to round out the color wheel. They've also realease new Glimmer Screens, perfect for the winter. I also ordered some of their glimmer chips, like the one featured on the cover.




And if you were in this weekend you probably saw my mom and my friend Emily slaving away at my usual spot on the computer, trying to figure out Quickbooks for me and getting me caught up. This is not the "paper" that I deal with...so I'm ever so greatful for their help! And my sister was down for a quick visit and got to see the shop for the FIRST time, and craft a bit as well.



Also, some sad news to report....this summer has been very hard for the industry and 4 local stores are closing their doors: The Loft in Menifee, Paper Pansies in Garden Grove, Screamin's Susies in Whittier, and Sweet Peas and Snapshots in Los Angeles (online store to open soon.)

Thank you for all of your support as we enter month 5!!!

Sonja

No comments: