Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Here a Scrap, There a Scrap, Everywhere a Scrap, Scrap

Scrapbookers are surrounded by scraps...it all comes with the territory. We love our paper and can't stand to part with even the tiniest morsel. So here are some layouts I came up with scraps this week.


I loved this Caterpillar paper from American Crafts last year and rediscovered a scrap when I was cleaning out the back room. I used my ripping ruler (Fiskars) to create borders and accented with ric rac from American Crafts & May Arts. The Caterpillar is made from layered circles of Bazzill Bling and the background sheet and mat are Bazzill Dotted Swiss.


Also while cleaning, I found scraps from the My Mind's Eye collection Abbey Road. I cut the scraps into 3x3 squares, inked and layered into a checkerboard pattern. Some of them are pop dotted. Giant Ric Rac from May Arts covers up the part where the layers got scrunched up. I accented with a title and die cut from the same collection and rhinestones from LUSH.


This week we've been busy with the Quite Contrary Variety Class featuring an Options Kit from Pinecone Press. There are lots of scraps left over which created this layout. The varying lengths, patterns, as well as inking and pop dotting created a lot of texture. I pulled it together with bright red accents, including the ribbon borders and the photo mat.


On a side note...today I turned this Glazed Cardstock....


...into this with Glimmer Mist.

Tomorrow, I'll show you what I'm going to do with it, so check back in.

Sonja

PS....all of the papers shown in the blog are in stock now!

No comments: