If you follow me on facebook you'll know that I promised you some speed scrapper tips after the 50 pages I power laid out for a friend. This was a really unique experience for me becuase I focused on the base of the layouts rather than the photos or the finishing touches. So here was my process....
1) Pick gorgeous papers and a matching solid
2) Identify your base paper (usually for me it was the solid paper)
3) Layer the other sheets in easy patterns...blocks, sqaures, sidebar borders etc.
4) Focus on texture...ripping the edges of the paper is my favorite "new" technique. Of course, inking is also a must and everything looks better popped up with foam tape.
5) Finish with ribbon, brads or a handmade embellishment. Of course, this step can wait until you are ready to add your photos.