Friday, June 6, 2008

Father's Day Ideas and another Mini

I had a lot of free time yesterday... I mean A LOT!!! And I was in no mood to do real work so I played instead. Here's what I came up with...


This layout features It's All Relative from Reminisce. I create a frame with chipboard and covered it with a collage of the father stickers. The frame measures 5x7 and the inset is 3x5. Then I cut a mat from Bazzill Bling which measures 6x8. I attached these to the Father paper from Reminisce. I cut 1/2 inch strips from the Bling and attached them to the edges of the paper, accenting with brads. Then I hand wrote "I love my dad" around the edges. With the remaining bits I created a simple card.

This layout features paper and embellishments from My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus collection. First I distress inked almost everything with the old stand by, Walnut Stain from Tim Holtz. With the paisley paper, I folded 2 inches on the bottom and right side to create the border in the lower right hand corner. At first I thought it would be a journaling pocket but I ended up fully adhering them. I added brad accents in the lower right hand corner. I adhered the flourish in the upper left hand corner, tucking bits under the paper mat. I pop dotted the title card, bridging between the flourish and the brown mat. Then I added the frame in the open space, keeping up with the diagonal flow of the page. I had a bit of fun with the journaling tag. I folded the transparency accent and attached it to the tag with a brad for a bit of pizazz.



Like I said, I had a lot of free time yesterday, so I created another mini with the mini paper from Jenni Bowlin. This is a variation on the matchbook album. The paper is 4x4" and the bingo card "Adore" is 7", so I folded it off center so that the back would be 4" and the front would be shorter, showing off the cute paper inside. I paired up paper and glued them back to back. Then I got the bright idea to add tags to the paper so I cut 2x2 squares and then separated the papers ever so slightly and added the tabs between the front & back sheet. (Have I lost you yet?!?) I used the Bazzill Institchz to sew the binding. I distressed everything with Colorbox Chalk ink. I added Bazzill ribbon tabs to the right edge of each page with staples. I accented with a couple Jenni Bowlin rub ons and some pearl pins (from the Bazzill Ribbon rolls).

Also, used a different adhesive than my usual and I was pleasantly surprised. I used the dots from Tombow's Mono adhesive line. It was great. Went on really well, was strong, but flexible enough to work with. I think I'll order some for the shop!

No comments: