Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Colorful Christmas Snow Village...

I have been STRUGGLING to get into the Holiday Spirit. Maybe it has to do with the stress of what felt like the world's longest move (completed yesterday!!!) or the fact that it's been 80 degrees and sunny (sorry rest of the world...) But I sat down a couple days ago, iced peppermint mocha in hand and MADE myself be creative.


I made a snow village scene from My Mind's Eye's Colorful Christmas collection, accented by Sparkle Burst Brads from Karen Foster. It's the equivalent of a 4 page spread, but I've got it up as a decoration in the shop. I absolutely LOVE the color pallette in this line and they whimsical design. Here's a close up.



So here's how I did it. First I taped my background sheets together to form one long piece of paper. Then I used my wave tearing ruler from Fiskars to create snow drifts, layering different patterns of paper. Then I found clip art on Microsof tWord (included here) and scaled them to different sizes, printed them and used them as templates. Finally, I finished it off with popped up die cuts and the sparkle burst brads!




Also, My Mind's Eye is so cool! They sent out an email with 5 projects and the full directions, so I thought I'd share them with you. Click on the projects and you'll get the instructions.

Mention this blogpost and get 50% off all My Mind's Eye products, now through December 4th!


Happy Crafting,

Sonja

No comments: