Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New Layouts

What to do when you're working and have a massive headache...update the blog! I tinkered a lot with the blog today, primarily adding tags to the sidebar so you can find past posts by topic. I hope that makes finding creative ideas much easier.

The I looked around and noticed that a lot of the new layouts I've been working on aren't here on the blog. So they've all been photographed and I'll more this week.

These two layouts are inspired by the Heidi Swapp Collections from Glimmer Mist which are kind of an urban/grunge/rocker/chic look. Kind of hard to describe, but here's what I came up with!

This first layout plays with layering different screens with the glimmer mist to get both positive and negative frames. I had to practice a couple of times before I got the look I was imagining. Then I used several of the Heidi Swapp "ir-Resitable" embellisments to accent the layout.

There's a stamped border (also from the Heidi Swapp collection) under the ruffled border, made out of...you guessed it....paper towels. The rose is from paper towels, too! And if you've glimmer misted, you know you have plenty of beautiful paper towels to play with!

This layout features Meadowlark from My Mind's Eye and I used the Heidi Swapp screen to trace my crest mat. I also accented with more of the glimmer misted ir-resitable chips. The ribbon is from Lush, also My Mind's Eye. I was going for a "Twilight" look, but alas I haven't read the books or watched the series. How did I do? Be honest...it's ok!

More tomorrow!
Sonja

No comments: