Friday, February 4, 2011

In Love with Lost & Found

The Lost & Found Collection from My Mind's Eye has inspired a lot of romance around here. The french inspired motifs and glitter accents are fantastic to work with. Here are four layouts to share!



There are lots and lots and lots of layers on this layout, which seems to be my favorite style right now. Here 2 papers are layered for a mat, plus a distress background rub on from Glitz Design. Imagine a photo or two on top of that shabby damask pattern. Next I accordion folded a border and added a rose ribbon border on top of that! The title is popped up on top of it all....simply perfect.



*****


I played with layering a bit different on this page...creating a bit of a shadowbox effect by taking the center out of the pink stripe paper and popped it up over the background paper. I double matted my photo mats and cut slits in the background paper to tuck pieces under elements like the bird cage, etc. The rose bouquet from ZVA is an easy way to add texture.



*****


I have to admit this one took me hours, but only because I kept trying tons of different ribbons until I found the exact right one. But that's all done for you so this layout will be easy as pie. Trim roughly 3" of the right side of the die cut paper and that will be the left part of your corset. After you add the eyelets for lasing, mount both pieces of the corset to the background page with foam mounting tape. Then lace your ribbon through. Take your left over ribbon pieces to make photo corners for your mats.



****


Cant' leave the boys out. This super cute cowboy motif is found in the "blue" collection of Lost & Found. I added a chipboard piece as one of the photo mats and layered ribbon under my paper layers for extra definition. Tanja had the brilliant idea to use silver photo corners to pick up the silver glitter accents! It all works!


Have fun creating!

No comments: