Saturday, August 16, 2008

27 extra hours

So I've been at the shop an extra 27 hours this week because of SHOP HOP, giving those hoppers from far away extra chances to visit the store. So with all that extra time, I thought I'd get crafty. Here are some of my creations from this week

Get Happy - Road Trip Acrylic Album

This acrylic album is from Creative Acrylics and is cut in a car shape. (I also got in a Christmas tree, Haunted House, & Baby Onesie) This was my first time working with an acrylic album so it was really a challenge at first. I used paper from Cosmo Cricket's Get Happy Line, as well as their coordinating rub ons and blackboard shapes. I finished it off with the Rub On Roller from Daisy D's and black ric rac from Bazzill. For adhesive I used 3L's Easy Dots...you can barely see them through the acrylic.


My beginner tips with acrylic albums...choose double sided papers; especially ones with fun designs on the back, like Cosmo Crickets, play with layering, leave parts of the acrylic clear, ie not covered and don't be afraid to get out of the box




Basic Grey Sultry Clipboard



Honestly, I can't get enough of this collection. I found an old wooden clipboard and modge podged it with the basic grey paper. I was even able to modge podge some of the chipboard shapes. The modge podge is a strong adhesive and a protective glaze; not exactly archival quality but perfect for a project like this. I finished if off with some of the coordinating fibers.





Just Dreamy Clock


The shop has needed a clock so I made one. The clock pieces were a kit that I had from somewhere...but we have similar ones in the Kaisercraft lounge. I covered it with paper from My Mind's Eye Just Dreamy collection. I used an assortment of Jumbo Paper Brads from Bazzill to finish the clock face. Of course, I got this bright idea after all the paper was glued down, so the brads are Glue Dotted to the paper. Also used Color Box Chalk Ink to add color and definition to the edges.


There's one more week of shop hop and another extra 27 hours, so you'll never know what I'll come up with next!
Sonja

No comments: