Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ahoy there, ye scallywag scrappers

Arrrggg! The Shop Hop treasure hunt be just a few hours. For ye pirates from a far off land, let me introduce myself. I am the Dread Pirate Scrappy Sonja and my lair is Sonja's Scrapbook Spot in Los Angeles. Just a wee bit ago this spot was just a mirage and but now we're a major port for scrapbookers in LA.







Ye'r make 'n' take be a simple project that you can recreate time and again, a gift card holder for ye friends and family. But it's no ordinary gift card holder. It be a treasure chest! Here's the view from the outside...






and here's ye view of the inside....


Ye'll have to fill it with ye own treasure, the gift card is not included.

For ye treasure hunt, there be doubloons hidden throughout the spot, but only a limited amount each day so come early for the best pickin's. You'll also get a doubloon for every $20 ye spend. There be a chest full of booty where ye can redeem those coins.

If ye be coming the shop for the first time, there be some things ye need to know. We're in an outdoor promenade mall and the water closets (bathrooms) are off center court. If ye need to make a pit stop ye best to do so on the way to the shop since I have no facilities. Also if the shop is closed for 5 mintues, ye'll know where I am. But have no fear, I'll be back shortly.


Ye should gave $2 ready to park. Ye may only need $1 depending on when ye come, but better to be safe than sorry.

There be plenty of galleys for ye to pick up some grub and fuel for ye journey. My favorites be Truxton's Short Order and of course the Starbucks oasis.



The lairs hours will be from 10am-8pm 7 days a week. I'll be burnin the lanters for ye early, late, and on Mondays. But there be some day's when I'll be open even later during crops. On August 8th, I'll be here until midnight and on August 16th & 23rd until 10pm.



Give us a call if we can help guide ye way.

Dread Scrappy Sonja

PS - do to circumstances beyond my control, I will be opening at 11am on Wednesday, August 13th. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

No comments: