Saturday, August 27, 2011

Craft and Run with Amy Tangerine

The most important thing I needed to get done today, beside leaving plenty of food and water for the cat, was birthday cards for the 3 family birthdays I'm celebrating this weekend in San Francisco! Thankfully the brand new Amy Tangerine collection from American Crafts really got the juices flowing. No pun intended =)

"You are Delightful" is for my mom who celebrates her birthday today. I used paper from the Amy Tangerine collection as the base and made the accordion flower from a strip of the fabric paper. And I'm so excited to use Glubers from Cosmo Cricket for the first time. Other accents on the card are fabric stickers from Amy Tangerine and Tiny Type from Cosmo Cricket.


"Wishing You a Slice of the Good Life" is for my bother-in-law who also celebrates his birthday today. I layered two Amy Tangerine pages as the base as well as a block of her self adhesive fabric paper. The fabric sticker sentiment is pop off of the card with foam tape. And since I tend to scrapbook backwards, the jumbo brads, also from American Crafts were an afterthought. So I snipped off the metal prongs with a junk pair of scissors (never, ever use your good scissors for this) and glued them on. Another fabric sticker accents one of the brads. And again, Tiny Type from Cosmo.


And "Smiles All Around" is for my sister who's birthday is next week. I layered a stitched paper from Amy's collection with another page and cut out the accent from the fabric paper. I used a leftover strip from the fabric paper to make a mini accordion flower and a jumbo brad for the center. The fabric sticker sentiment is also layered with the foam tape.

Have fun in the heat wave. Mom reminded me to pack a sweater...San Fran's natural AC is at work!

No comments: