Friday, August 28, 2009

...Another Woman's Treasure

So yesterday I showed you some things that Charlien brought by the shop for projects. Here's what I did with them.



I wrapped the tea tin in American Crafts ribbon and tied knots with tuffs to keep them in place. No glue anywhere. I thought it might make a cute candy dish or something. At first, I thought about covering it in paper but that seemed like the obvious thing to do!



I covered the board book with the new "Stomp" Paper from My Mind's Eye. Isn't it cute? I figured it could make a cute mini album, or maybe your young author can fill it with an imaginative tale. Anyhow, with the filing set, ink on the edges and tulle to cover up the uncovered parts, it look original!



Last but not least I turned the wooden toy house into a spooky haunted house with the new collection "The Spider's Web" from My Mind's Eye. The roof feature glazed cardstock from Bazzill. I used the house to trace the pieces and my favorite, Zip Dry glue. Then I covered up any blank spaces with a sharpie. Distress Ink finished up the piece.


Have something you want to turn into a treasure? Send me a before and after photo and description and your project may just be on the blog next.



No comments: