Friday, September 18, 2009

What Am I Supposed to Do With This?

One of my jobs is to answer the question what am I supposed to do with this? If I don't know...I figure it out. Here are some projects that I challenged myself with this week.

This accordion album features the new Glimmer Chip Tiles from Tattered Angels. They're a large format embossed chipboard (4"x7" I think). I glimmer misted them, punched holes on both sides and laced the pieces together with ribbon from American Crafts. These chips soak up Glimmer Mist wonderfully and can also be used in altered art projects like garlands and as mats or other embellishments on your scrapbook layout. Make sure you ink the surface of the chip tiles to bring out the embossed details!!!






Graphic 45 is known for their beautiful vintage inspired papers but leave alot of people stumped as to what to with them. "It's so beautiful, I don't want to cover it up" is the most common comment. So with this layout, I took the main paper from their Renaissance Faire collection and cut 3 strips that captured the essence of the paper. I cropped the paper, just like I would crop a photo. Then I created a layout with papers from the rest of the collection and used the cropped papers as the focal point. I also couldn't resist adding a locket from the Dove of the East Paris Vintage collection. Incidentally, the rest of the layout was created with the backside of papers from the Renaissance Faire collection...which are just as beautiful as the front~



Last but not least, I showed you a sneak peak last time of this layout featuring goodies from Melissa Frances. I challenged myself to find a way to use the vintage crepe paper that I've heard so much about. It's feaured on this layout as a gathered border (after a refresher course on the running stich from my mom) and in the rosettes on the left side. I want you to suspend reality for a moment and pretend that these roses will actually fit in your scrapbook...even if they are almost an inch high! Some of the flowers are also dusted with the vintage mica flakes from Melissa Frances. If you're wondering about the gorgeous paper, it's from her French Twist collection and it is fabulous!!!



If you're in town this Saturday, stop by the shop from 3-5pm for a raffle, secret sale and make n take...time to kick off the fall scrapbook season!


No comments: