Friday, March 5, 2010

All Over The Map...

My creativity has been all over the map this week....

First, I was so pleased to learn I can Glimmer Mist those wonderful resin appliques from Melissa Frances. It took a few coats, and a sponge brush to work it into the detail work but it looks great. I'm sure the new Tattered Angels Glam & Glaze will do the trick nicely, too. Incidentally, the mini book case from Kaisercraft is also Glimmered. I put together a fun display for the My Mini Memories books....they fit perfectly!

I kept playing with Quite Contrary from My Mind's Eye...such a fun collection and so versatile. The first features a gathered paper boarder that's stapled together. I also layered the sticker embellishments in the lower right corner. LOVE that MME added stickers to their collection!

I scraplifted this layout from the MME idea vault from MME designer Tiffani Smith. The only difference is I used the micro letters from My Little Shoe Box instead of printing them out. That's Jennifer W.'s son...stinkin' cute!

Then I moved on and played with two collections that arrived in the fall, but I never created anything with them. The first is from Glitz's Detour Collection which is just perfect for boys! I added doodle border rub ons from Glitz and layered journaling stickers for a fun collage.

This month's issue of Card Trends had several cut cards from Cosmo Cricket's collection The Boyfriend. I didn't make cards, but did put together this fun layout. I just love everything about this collection and it's so versatile....school, boys, college hangouts, vintage stuff...you know like way back in the 80s....anyhow, super fun to play with.

Hope you have a super crafty weekend!

Sonja

No comments: