Saturday, May 30, 2009

June Gloom Busters

This is my first chance to play with the Breaking Free Collection from My Mind's Eye.

Here are a few samples!

I mixed 3 different prints on this one and layered a transparency palm tree over palm tree image on the paper for extra texture. I took the distress look to a whole other level by actually crinkling up the die cut flowers and then adding them to the layout. Also, I love, love love, the fake "masking tape" on the die cut title and crinkled that, too! But for the 2nd time this month ric rac has saved my life...or the layout at least! I still wasn't thrilled with this piece until I added another anchor point with the strip of ric rac at the bottom left corner. Live & learn!

This layout features paper from Breaking Free's Cowabunga mini set. I ripped the paper and used the flip side as a mat! I accented the mat with vellum waves, using my Limited Ed. Fiskars wave squeeze punch. Finally, I pop-dotted the kraft tag. The string on these tags reminds me of old fishing nets...but thankfully doesn't SMELL like one =). Tip: use 3L Adhesive Transfer sheets for superb vellum adhesion!

I love the butterfly transparency and die cut in this collection and thought they'd compliment each other well. The acetate transparency is flush with the page and the paper die cut is just adhered at the center of the body so there's a neat 3-D effect. Then I lightly traced the patterned paper design with Stickles glitter glue in the Patina color.

This is a double page spread, but I don't know why it uploaded so tiny on the Anyhow I knew I really wanted to use the cool roller coaster paper from the collection but was searching for the right 2nd page. Turns out the perfect fit was a 2nd piece of roller coaster paper...they match up nearly seamlessly creating one long crazy ride. But I added a focal point with the die cut paper along the top edge and mixed and matched a few other patterns on the layout.

Then I added a collage of rub-ons from Glitz Design that are a fun vintage print. Layering rub ons was one technique I learned at the Glitz Design marathon a couple weeks ago. There are 8 rub ons layered entire sheet to be exact. It was extra challenging because the taupe color is semi-sheer, but I still like the way it turned out.

Happy Scrapping,


No comments: